My husband is Irish and we like to really go crazy celebrating St. Patrick’s Day, I mean come on- any day that you can get away with having green on your teeth without people looking twice at you, that’s cause for celebration in itself!
I had a lot of fun making some Irish food and green desserts over the last few days and I had to work hard to keep little fingers out of the desserts before the pictures were taken. As soon as I was done they were GONE!
I made my first Irish dish using my beautiful Le Creuset French Oven. See the bottom of this post so you can enter to win one for yourself!! My Guinness Corned Beef and Cabbage is a classic dish with the Irish Stout to make the broth richer. Corned beef is quite salty so I pull out most of the braising liquid and finish it off in the oven with a brown sugar crust and cloves, delicious!!
We are giving this GORGEOUS Le Creuset 5-Quart Oval French Oven away…see bottom of this post to see how you can win this!!
These cute little Beef and Guinness Shamrock Bites are easy and really yummy, set put a tray of these and they’ll disappear this St. Paddy’s Day!
I am IN LOVE WITH my Butter Mint Chocolate Push Pops…I put them in a foam brick and covered it with moss to almost make them look like little trees in a forest…a fun way to have green on this special day! The light a buttery butter mint filling is the perfect compliment to the moist, rich brownies inside the pops…YUM, YUM, YUM…watch out, these are DANGEROUS!
I set up these Green Velvet Cake Pops in a cauldron we had for Halloween, put foam in the center and arranged the cake pops, so filler then the coins that I found at Party City- really simple and SO festive! The cake pops are decorated with green edible glitter, mini shamrocks and green sprinkles…
A great way to have green but not go too crazy with the green food coloring is to use pistachios! My Pistachio Cream-Filled Whoopie Pies are really cute and a flash-back to my childhood.
Okay, okay…now it’s time to test you “luck of the Irish!” How do you enter to win the Le Creuset French Oven? There are lots of ways:
- Visit Le Creuset and leave a comment here (on this post) telling me which piece of Le Creuset Cookware you would most like to add to your kitchen. Be specific with the exact name and color.
- Enter more times to really “up” your chances of winning! See below for details.
For Bonus Entries:
- Visit our Link Party page and add a link to your favorite comfort food post (can be an old or new recipe) *You must add link back to our link party with a button or text such as “Come join the Helpless Housewife Comfort Food Link Party where you could win a Le Creuset French Oven!”
- Post The Hopeless Housewife Link Party button to your site (or add us to your list of Link Parties you attend!)
- Follow The Hopeless Housewife and Le Creuset on Pinterest.
- Follow The Hopeless Housewife and Le Creuset on Twitter.
- Follow The Hopeless Housewife and Le Creuset on Facebook.
- Tweet about the giveaway with something like ”I want to win a @LeCreuset 5qt. French oven from @ErikaWilliamsAZ http://bit.ly/13m7mAZ PLS RT #giveaway“
- Pin this post.
- Share this post on your facebook page.
- Sign up for our newsletter at the top of our homepage on the right.
Leave a comment for each entry. Open to US residents 18 years or older. Winner will be chosen at random. Entries received through March 18, 2013.