Yes, I really just did this. And then I ate it and it was spectacular! What a way to use left-overs, holy guacamole! This was super easy to make and so colorful and pretty, a winner all-around.
When I was a kid I would put cranberry sauce on everything…my husband doesn’t love it so I stopped making cranberry sauce for awhile…but boy is it back in a big way. My hubby ended up devouring this Turkey, Pesto and Cranberry Melt sandwich to my complete surprise. You MUST make this after Turkey Day and let me know how it turns out!
- 6 slices of roasted turkey breast
- 6 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- 4 tablespoons pesto
- 6 tablespoons fresh or canned cranberry sauce
- 4 slices sourdough bread, cut ½ – ¾ inch thick
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Spread the pesto on the sourdough bread, and then add turkey breast, cranberry sauce, and mozzarella cheese.
- Place the sandwich into the skillet and let cook for a few minutes until cheese becomes melty, then flip the sandwich onto the other side and repeat until desired color and look is reached.