Okay, wow. I just devoured this S’mores Ice Cream Sandwich. Seriously YUMMY and so EASY. And such a fun after school treat for kids.
Summer may be on its way out, but that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy this camp cookout treat that every child dreams about. My daughter begs all summer to make these and comes away with marshmallow goo on her clothes, hair, face– you name it. Now I guess we’ll add ice cream to that gooey mix on the front of her shirt!
No campfire needed for this concoction (although I suppose you could torch it with a creme brulee torch if you wanted that toasted flavor).
- 1 12-ounce bag milk chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 full graham crackers
- 1 cup marshmallow fluff
- 4 small scoops vanilla ice cream
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate chips. Add coconut oil and set aside off heat to cool a little.
- Assemble sandwiches. Break graham crackers in half to make squares. Spread marshmallow fluff on the sides of 2 graham cracker halves. Add the small scoop of ice cream on top of one side of cracker, over the marshmallow fluff. Top with the other half of graham cracker, marshmallow side-down to make a sandwich and smash down a little. Use a butter knife to cut away/remove excess ice cream from the sides of sandwich. Place sandwich in chocolate mixture carefully and coat top and sides using spoon. Pull out of chocolate and place on wax paper-lined cookie sheet in freezer immediately to harden. Repeat process with the other sandwiches. Keep in freezer until you're ready to serve.
(See photos below for how to assemble these)
Generously spread marshmallow fluff on both sides of graham crackers…
Put a scoop of ice cream on one side of the graham cracker over the fluff.
Smash the top graham cracker (fluff side down) on top op the ice cream).
Clean up the sides with a butter knife.
Place assembled sandwich in bowl of melted chocolate.
Spoon chocolate quickly to cover sandwich.
Place on wax paper and into the freezer immediately to harden! Serve once hardened or store for later!