Here I go again…more peppermint bark but I can’t help myself! I have Christmas fever in a big way and this train’s not slowing down…in fact, I’ve got a whole lot more coal to keep it moving at a fast pace for the next couple of weeks so get ready!
These Peppermint Bark No-Bake Marshmallow Cheesecake Bars are a fun and easy treat to make for your family, you don’t even have to turn that oven on! I love no-bake cheesecake because it’s so light and fresh tasting…and, well, when you add some marshmallows to the cheesecake… holy smokes! White chocolate peppermint bark sets the stage for this little number as it sits atop a chocolate cookie crust, making for a perfect combo.
How could we NOT be in the Christmas spirit while cooking today? This is what we woke to this morning…Madison’s elf brigade coloring Christmas pictures!
Now back to the matter at hand…cheesecake! Peppermint bark! Marshmallows! Oreo crust!! Candy Canes!!
- For the Crust:
- 20 Oreos, with insides scraped out
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- For the Peppermint Bark:
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 pound white chocolate, broken up into small pieces
- 1½ teaspoons peppermint extract
- For the cheesecake:
- ¾ tbsp gelatin (almost one envelope)
- ¼ cup water
- 10 ounce bag marshmallows, melted in a greased double boiler or microwave for 30 second intervals, stirring reach interval until melted)
- 2 8oz packages cream cheese, softened
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- 5 candy canes, crushed
- Pulse the Oreos and melted butter in a food processor until Oreos are completely crushed. Line an 8x8 glass baking dish with parchment paper and pour Oreo mixture over the parchment and press down with the back of a cup or flat bowl, covering the entire bottom of the dish. Chill while you make the peppermint bark.
- Make the peppermint bark. In a small saucepan, bring the cream to a boil ad immediately remove from heat. Add the white chocolate. Whisk well until the whit chocolate is melted then add the peppermint extract and stir to combine. Pour over the Oreo crust. Place in refrigerator to harden for about 20 minutes.
- Make the marshmallow cheesecake. Add gelatin to the water and let sit until the gelatin starts to swell, about 5 minutes. Do not it let sit too long, it will become lumpy.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the cream cheese and melted marshmallows. Beat until combined. In a separate bowl, beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Add vanilla. Fold gelatin and marshmallow mixture into the whipped cream and stir well to combine.
- Pour cheesecake mixture over cooled peppermint bark and spread evenly. Sprinkle crushed candy canes over the top of the cheesecake mixture and press down a little into the mixture. Place in refrigerator and chill until cheesecake has stiffened, at least 2-3 hours. Cut into squares and serve.