Perfectly refreshing for Mother’s Day and a great alternative to the Peach Bellini, this is herbal mixology at its best! Peach and basil go so well together and this drink goes down a little TOO easily…watch out! I am a vodka drinker so I substitute vodka for the bourbon and it sure does wet my whistle!
My Peach and Basil Bliss is a part of RedEnvelope’s Mother’s Day Brunch Cocktail series. I was so happy they asked me to participate- I have found many wonderful and thoughtful Mother’s Day gifts over the years at Red Envelope!
- 3 ounces Peach Basil Puree
- 1½ ounce Bourbon (if you're not a bourbon drinker, substitute vodka!)
- 1½ ounce club soda
- 2 fresh very ripe peaches
- 6 fresh basil leaves, torn into pieces
- ½ ounce simple syrup
- Puree ingredients.
- Add peach basil puree and bourbon to an ice-filled glass. Serve unstrained on the rocks, top with club soda. Garnish with slices of peach and basil leaves.