I can almost eat a whole milk carton sized box of Whoppers in a sitting..I know- HORRIBLE for me but I love them so much! Sit me in front of a movie with popcorn and Whoppers and watch out!
Knowing my love for this delicious specimen of a candy, is it any surprise I made a Whoppers Malted Hot Chocolate? Seriously, this is like drinking a Whopper, yikers! I used to put malt powder in milk when I was a kid and I LOVE that flavor, it works so well in this hot chocolate. And, come on… this cold weather is screaming for a drink like this, so indulge.
- 2 cups whole milk
- ½ cup half & half
- 2½ tablespoons sugar
- 4 ounces bittersweet baking chocolate (4 squares), chopped
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup malted milk powder
- whipping cream
- ¼ cup Whoppers or malted milk candy, crushed
- chocolate syrup for drizzling
- Bring milk, half & half and sugar to a boil over medium heat in a heavy saucepan. Turn heat off and stir in chocolate, vanilla extract and malted milk powder until blended and all chocolate has melted. Pour into mugs. Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with crushed Whoppers or malted milk candy. Drizzle with chocolate and serve.
Linked with MAD IN CRAFTS.