Everyone who knows me knows me knows I love a great lemon drop martini, and if you come to my house for a cocktail party, chances are you will probably be having one yourself! One of my tricks is to shake the martini shaker like mad and use lots of ice in your shaker– it makes these extra frosty and delicious!
Welcome to Cocktail Day, a multi-blogger event co-hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic, Liz of That Skinny Chick Can Bake, and Donna of Cookistry. We are raising our glasses to toast you all with some unique and delicious cocktails and mocktails in anticipation of the Big Game and Valentine’s Day. Be sure to bookmark or pin these creative beverages for your next gathering. We hope you enjoy this marvelous event and the incredible giveaways from our generous sponsors. Cheers!
- 2 ounces vodka
- ½ ounce Triple Sec
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- shaker filled with ice
- superfine sugar, for the martini glass rim
- lemon wedge for sugaring rim
- lemon twist to garnish
- Run the lemon wedge along the outer edge of a martini glass and dip glass immediately in a rimier sugar or baker's sugar to coat rim. Chill martini glasses in freezer after sugared.
- Add all liquid ingredients into an ice-filled cocktail shaker shake like crazy until your martini has ice shavings infused throughout- about 30 seconds.
- Strain martini into the chilled glasses, garnish with a lemon twist or lemon wheel and enjoy!
MoleculeR can be found on facebook, and YouTube. Molecular gastronomy can be defined as the fusion of food science and culinary arts. Molecular gastronomy by MoleculeR is a cookbook with stunning recipes explained and illustrated with the intelligence and aesthetic beauty that defines the MOLECULER brand. Mojito REvolution teaches you how to deconstruct your mojito into floating mint caviar and spectacular foams or encapsulate your favorite cocktail into a sphere that will explode in your mouth. Margarita REvolution teaches you how to create a margarita slush topped with a fresh lemon mousse, add a splash of colour by creating blue azure suspended pearls or encapsulate your margarita into an edible cocktail! Cosmo REvolution teaches you how to add a molecular twist to your traditional cosmo sure to awe your guests! Serve a cosmopolitan bubble on a spoon that will pop in your mouth, top off your cocktail with a light fluffy cranberry foam or suspend citrus caviar in your drink.
Microplane can be found on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. Microplane is a division of family owned Grace Manufacturing Inc., a longstanding company specializing in the crafting of precision thin metal parts for home and industrial use. The versatile Ultimate Citrus Tool features Microplane’s surgical grade stainless steel Fine blade. In addition, the Ultimate Citrus Tool features two decorative garnishing blades in a large (.300inch diameter) and small (.180inch diameter) size. The blades are made in the USA and are dishwasher safe. Microplane’s sleekly designed and multifunctional Bartender’s Garnishing Tool easily opens bottles, effortlessly zests oranges, lemons, limes, and other types of citrus fruits, and is dishwasher safe.
Not So Simple Syrup can be found on Facebook, and Twitter. Not So Simple Syrup is a a small, local maker of simple syrups. Heidi and Barbie’s passion is to create all natural syrups that inspire and stimulate your pension for amazing mixed drinks as well as iced teas and nonalcoholic beverages too. They pride themselves on individual service. When you purchase a NSSS product, you can be sure that it received their personal stamp of approval. The Not So Simple Syrup Survival Gift Basket has two flavours of delicious all natural Not So ￼Simple Syrup, a muddler for the perfect Mojito you might want to create, two glasses and a bar towel.
Page St. Publishing, Race Point Publishing, Fair Winds Press are 3 amazing publishing companies. Check them out and spend some time poking about. They publish the most amazing cookbooks on the planet. We’re lucky to have 3 wonderful cookbooks up for grabs thanks to these companies today.
The list of prizes for Cocktail Day: 2 Individual Copies of Molecule Gastronomy by MoleculeR Cookbook 1 Set of Mojito Revolution (Molecular Mixology Kit) 1 Set of Margarita Revolution (Molecular Mixology Kit) 1 Set of Cosmo Revolution (Molecular Mixology Kit) 1 Copy of The Architecture of the Cocktail sponsored by Race Point Publishing 1 Copy of Apothecary Cocktails sponsored by Fair Winds Press 1 Copy of The Best Craft Cocktails and Bartending with Flair sponsored by Page St. Publishing 1 Not So Simple Gift Basket 1 Microplane Bartender’s Garnishing Tool 1 Microplane Citrus Tool
- Other Fabulous Bloggers Mixing It Up with Us for Cocktail Day:
- Pomegranate Party Punch by Cravings of a Lunatic
- White Cosmopolitans by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Hot Buttered Chocolate Rum by Cookistry
- Bacon Jalapeno Bloody Mary by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Blood Orange Old Fashioned by Kelly Bakes
- Caipirinhas by Food Lust People Love
- Chocolate and Peanut Butter Martini by Hungry Couple
- Chocolate Cupcake Cocktail by JavaCupcake
- Ciderhouse Whiskey by From the Bookshelf
- Citrus Cranberry Punch by Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Coconut-Key Lime Pie Martini by Home Cooking Memories
- Egyptian Martini by Cooking In Stilettos
- Espresso Martini by Liv Life
- Frosty Lemon Drop Martini by The Hopeless Housewife
- Frozen Marshmallow Mudslide by 365 Days of Baking & More
- Ginger Raspberry Fizzy by Try Anything Once
- Iced Cake Martini by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Le Jardinier by Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Mandarin Mulled Wine by Food Babbles
- Meyer Lemon Rosemary Gin Fizz by Crumb
- Muddled Rosemary and Pineapple Cocktail by My Catholic Kitchen
- Nutella Martini by The Pink Flour
- Peach Sparkler by Noshing With The Nolands
- Pineapple Margarita by Miss in the Kitchen
- Pomegranate Orange Spritzer by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Safe Sex on the Beach by Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Side Car with Dried Cherries by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Winter Fruit White Wine Sangria by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Apple Pie Moonshine by Lola’s Kitchen
***Disclaimer: This giveaway is being provided by our sponsors, no bloggers have received product or been compensated as a part of this giveaway.***